Monday 4 November 2013

Simple Barnwood Towel Hooks

After looking at the same picture and towel hook for the past 8 years I thought it was time to change it up.  I added a fresh coat of paint, found this new artwork but just couldn't find a towel hook that would go well in here. 


I was at a little antique store and found these fabulous hooks and I figured these would look fantastic and work great in the bathroom. I also have a little stash of barnwood so I simply screwed these into the wall and barnwood.   This bathroom is mainly used by the kiddies and the main problem with the old towel hook was that they were not tall enough to put the towel back on it and they were always pulling the towel down which ended up pulling the screws out. This makes it easier to put the towel back on and because I screwed the hooks right into the wall it adds more strength.  



This weekend we finished up my sons football season, he went out with a bang and got his first touchdown.  


Thank goodness we are done as that afternoon it started snowing and it hasn't stopped.  While the kids thought this was the best thing ever I was not looking forward to all the shoveling of snow that had to happen. 



Hope you all had a great weekend. 


4 comments:

Stacy CUrran said...

So funny Lisa - my 12 year old just finished his football season on a touchdown run (his first ever). It was literally the last play of his season :)
Stacy

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

That is a lovely picture, goes well with the paint color. Love your barn wood towel hook. I'm looking to make something similar for our master bath...which has a tacky & cheap towel bar.

Khammany said...

That is a lot of snow! They must have had so much fun!

Creative Raisins said...

test