Wednesday 2 October 2013

Pretty Little Chair

So as I have been getting packed and ready for my upcoming trip to San Francisco tomorrow I thought I would share one project with you before I take off.  This one was that project that has literally sat in a corner of my garage for almost a year because frankly I was terrified of doing it. 
I knew it had such great potential but I really didn't want to mess it up, then I figured could it really get any worse that it was. Of course not so just do it right?

Sorry the photo is so horrible 


 This Chair while I am sure it was very well loved had seen better days and so had that fabric.  When I had first got the chair I was very excited and got on taking it apart but then when I opened it up and seen hay inside I freaked out and then it sat there and sat there. 



 With a fresh coat of paint, alot of google searching on how to's and questioning my abilities I finally finished it and oh my gosh I couldn't be more excited about this little beauty. 

 I added some upholstery nails to the front and back to give it a more finished look, and after consulting my design consultant (hubby) these were the final choice. 

Now the question is do I keep it for myself or do I sell it. I am not sure because I love it

Well tomorrow I am off for my first trip to San Francisco with a great group of woman.  I will share with you our adventures next week. 


8 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That's so pretty! It also looks pretty with the table your painted table.

Have a good vacation in the bay area.

Eilis said...

It's adorable and you should keep it. I love the buttons.

Art and Sand said...

WOW! What an amazing transformation. I once recovered a sofa, but I had a lot of help from an expert. You chose a wonderful fabric.

Have fun in SF - one of my favorite cities. My daughter lives in SF on Union Street and we have such great times exploring with her each time we visit.

Erin @ White Clover Home said...

Love the fabric! It looks completely professional. That table beside the chair is beautiful as well!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, thanks for stopping by and your kind words. I love this chair!! You are so talented. Hope you have a great time in San Francisco, how exciting!!!

Unknown said...

What a great redo. I hope you have a great time in San Francisco. That is one of my favorite cities. Our weekly Super Saturday Link Party is live. We would love to have you join us with any of your great ideas. It would make us so happy to have you on board. http://www.madefrompinterest.net/2013/10/super-saturday-link-party-14/

Khammany said...

The red and white fabric is so pretty! You did a terrific job! I can see why you'd want to keep it. I can't believe there was hay inside the chair before!

T. Emrich said...

Love it, I would keep it :) I've done what you've done before and now when asked if I want to recover something I politely just say no...lol Good job :)