Monday 22 July 2013

Shabby Chic Wedding Cake

This weekend was spent at my sisters wedding, we have been collaborating on it for awhile and it was so nice to see it all come together.  It look pretty darn amazing if you ask me.  

One of my tasks was to do the cake and I was excited to to it.  It isn't to often that I get to work on a wedding cake. 


I wanted to keep it simple so I decided on a ridged buttercream look and then created these flowers out of gum paste. 



I also wanted to make some cake pops because I just think they are too darn cute,  I think after the kids spotted them on the table they lasted about 5 minutes. 


Over the next couple of days I will share with you some more of the amazing decor that went on to make this even fabulous. 

7 comments:

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Looks so great! I love how you made a simple and elegant cake.

Anonymous said...

Love the cake, so pretty!!!!

Unknown said...

What a pretty cake! Love it!

Heather said...

Fantastic job!

Julia @ It's Always Ruetten said...

The cake looks amazing! You are so brave for agreeing to make a wedding cake! But you obviously have the talent to do it!

Thank you so much for sharing at the What I've Been Up to... midyear highlights party! I really appreciate it!

Have a great weekend!

Julia
It's Always Ruetten

Jill @Two Yellow Birds Decor said...

The wedding looks beautiful! I love the cake! So pretty!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Thursday's Temptation. I am going to be featuring this at tonights link party!
Jill

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...what an incredible project and your final wedding cake appearance FANTASTIC! Well done :) therefore glad to possess discovered your site!When meeting your cake decorator for the primary time, bring the maximum amount data as possible; theme of the marriage, color of your dress, woman dress and inspiration from the area and flowers. it'll create the choice easier.