Monday 13 May 2013

Record Player Refinished

This little bad boy was as ugly as can be but what I really love about it was the detailing on the front.  


My sister in-law actually found this for me and when they went to get it her hubby decided he just had to have it because it had a record player.  So what started out as a project for me to refinish and sell turned into them keeping it for themselves.  



We ended up taking the legs off because without them it was short enough to go at the end of the bed and double as a seat.  



For the handles I just loved them so all it took was a fresh coat of paint to make them pop and the screens for the speakers were also sprayed to get rid of that ugly brown color.  I was a little skeptical if this would work but it turned out great. 

She had picked an orange color for the piece and then I used was to antique it. 




So this little unit serves as double duty and hopefully he can get some use out of the record player. 



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love what you did to this! I can't wait to start doing this to my home furniture soon:-) Thanks for sharing! And thanks for stopping by today. Christina at dearbeautifulyou.com

Jenna said...

Awesome makeover! Love the color! Thanks so much for linking up at Give Me The Goods Monday! Can't wait to see what you bring next week! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

This is a really darling makeover of a good piece of furniture that would otherwise not be seen as useful these days. Wow! Clever!

Krista Aasen said...

Super cute!! I love the color and how it turned out... great idea to use it as a bench at the end of your bed!!
Krista @thehappyhousie

Tammy said...

What a neat piece! and they can use it as a bench is great! Thank you for sharing at Rustic Restorations Weekend!