Sunday 18 December 2011

Going Away Party

It feels like just yesterday that my good friend broke the news to me and told me they were moving all the way across the world to Australia.  That was months ago and we said well we have lots of time left.  The time has ticked down and know we only have a few days left.  
This weekend I was honored to be able to host a going away party for their wonderful children. It was such a blast, we rented out the pool at our local hotel and the kids had a great time swimming.
I decided to go with a teal and Red Theme.  The Centerpieces had balloons and paper airplanes.


The Cake Table ~ I just love the colors


Luggage Cake ~ I used a buttercream for most of the cake and some fondant for more of the detail.  I also used edible printed images. 





Among the large amount of food we had I made these fly cookies.

I am hoping that they will have a great journey and explore and experience so much in the 4 years they will be gone.  They will be dearly missed by me and my family, but what a great excuse to do a family trip to Australia. 

6 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

love that cake, and your color combo, too. i'm sure it's hard to see them go so far away, but heck yeah, take that trip!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How sweet to throw a party like that ... the cake is awesome!

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Looks like you spent a little time on the cake...you did an amazing job!

Ruby Jean said...

How VERY fun is that cake... Makes want to go on a trip just to have the cake.. :) would love for you to link up here http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-2-and-highlights/

Kara at Petals to Picots said...

I love your suitcase cake! I would love for you to add it to my Best of 2011 link party, as well as any other projects you are most proud of from this year. Visit http://www.petalstopicots.com.
~Kara :)

Carmella said...

I am sad for you that your friends are moving away :( But with a going away party like that I am sure you will get lots of invites to visit them! And the cake!! beautiful, as always!