Wednesday 14 September 2011

Yummy Pita Pizza

Today I thought I would share with you one of my favorite ways to eat pizza.  I am not a big fan of the thick crust with all the grease when it comes to pizza so instead I use a pita.  


I started by cutting up some mushrooms, onions, peppers, cheese and tomato's.  My kids are not a big fan of onions, because they are small each child gets what they want on their own. 




I spread pizza sauce and added this basil/garlic sauce to the top of the pita.


I am a big fan of chicken so I cooked up some chicken breasts and added a little BBQ and teriyaki sauce to it for a little extra flavor.



Once that was done I topped the pitta up with all those yummy ingredients and stuck it in the oven at 375' for about 10 - 15 minutes.  It is such a yummy dinner and it is fun to have the kids join in and help with their own toppings. 

Hope you enjoy

No comments: