Sunday 10 July 2011

Garden Signs

Okay so I have an obsession, I will admit it.  I am in love with garden signs and antique signs I just love them to pieces.  I have seen alot of them out there and they are all fabulous.  For my backyard I wanted to add a little bit of fence are to beautify it a little bit.  I have a ton of cedar planks left from my playhouse project and some 1x4's hanging around so I decided to create my own signs. 




I made a family established signs and then flanked it with the birth dates of my children on the smaller 1x4 boards.


That's right we really aren't Raisins it is just a nickname I have given my kids.


I love the look of just having the numbers on them.  It is a little hard to see in the picture but I sanded these all down to give them more of a vintage feel to them. 


Finally I topped it off with a letter R in a cool font.  These letters were all stenciled on so I could sand them down to give it the vintage feel.  I finished of the signs with a top coat so that they will withstand the elements better. 

3 comments:

jess@balancing the dream said...

very cool!! I love how personalized it is!!

Kaycee said...

Super cute!!! I love the vintage signs too! :D

Amy said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Love your cute fence, I decorate my fence too. I have a stick wreathe, vintage tomato sign, and a big old metal dragon fly! I am a new follower!!